Uicipeid:Gaelic Wikipedian project/Aithisg 3
Aithisg / Report 3 1-30 April
Activity[deasaich an tùs]
Developed training materials - introductory presentation and instructional material - in Gaelic.
Events[deasaich an tùs]
Talks[deasaich an tùs]
Digital Cultural Heritage Research Network Attended meeting of the Digital Cultural Heritage Research Network at the School of Education, University of Edinburgh on the theme of ‘Working with the Public’. Presented 15 min talk on the project aims and the intended activities and outcomes for Gaelic speakers. Distributed documentation on Wikimedian-in-Residence programme and Wikipedia Education Program.
Workshops[deasaich an tùs]
- 5 April - Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. 5 participants.
Editing Workshop with Gaelic-medium students at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. Gaelic training materials were piloted.
Partnerships[deasaich an tùs]
- Uicipeid meet-up, 5 April 2017, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Skye
Met with 1 Uicipeid admin and 1 existing editor to develop Uicipeid resources. Progress made on translation and localisation of Five Pillars policy (at Ro-ràdh), drafted reliable source and reference policy (at Tùsan & Iomraidhean), reviewed introductory editing guide and drafted language policy guidelines and advice.
- Met with some members of staff (incl. Deputy Director of Studies) at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig to discuss possible education collaboration. Presented existing Wikimedia educational programs as models. Follow-up meeting suggested for August.
- Met with a member of staff at the University of Glasgow to discuss possible collaboration on Gaelic literature project. Issues of open licensing and crowdsourcing were discussed. Project is in early planning stages and may not proceed before end of residency.
- 21 April - met with Ewan McAndrew & Lorna Campbell to discuss Celtic Knot conference programme.